Wednesday, June 13, 2012

QUEST


I stood still and time flew by,

I was wonderstruck and life lightening fast

Oh! The memoirs of days of playful youth;

You bring such ecstatic agony to my aging heart.

Dear life , can you not pause for a moment ?

My soul wants to cling on to those days of mirth.

Ah those were days of flames and fires;

We treaded on the paths of dreams and despairs,

Surged ahead with the song of victory and passion

Dare anyone doubt our aspirations?

Life was such a roller coaster drive

Celebration was the essence of the ride.

I still long for those days of gay abandon

Little does the heart realize gone are the moments of freedom

While my body remains chained to those worldly desires

The soul must march ahead in its search of freedom

Stop me if you can, but dream I will and live I must.

No comments: